Refuse & Recycling
The City of Casey is pleased to offer the convenience of curbside recycling to give Casey residents the opportunity to help do their part. Recycling paper, steel, aluminum, and plastic saves energy and resources and reduces the amount of waste and pollution generated when the materials are produced. It also saves us millions of dollars by extending the lives of our remaining landfills and offering a cost competitive alternative for disposal of large portions of the solid waste stream.
The City of Casey contracts with Republic Services, Inc. of Terra Haute, Indiana to provide each household paying for city utilities with one green 96-gallon trash can and one blue 64-gallon recycling can.
Pick-up for residential trash service is every Wednesday for residents on the North side of Main St. and North. Pick-up for residents on the South side of Main St. and South is on Fridays. For pick-up, have cans out by the street by 5 a.m. on the day of service. Please leave at least 3 feet in between the cans and any other object. Also make sure the can is facing the street.
NOTICE: Effective July 1st, trash/recycling pick up on the South side of Main St. and to the South will be on Fridays. The North side of Main St. and to the North will remain on Wednesdays.
Materials accepted in the smaller, blue 64-gallon recycling bin are the following:
- Plastics #1 through 7 - Look for the triangle of arrows sign on the plastic packaging with numbers 1 through 7 inside the symbol. Please rinse and take caps off. Common plastics include soda bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, cottage cheese containers, yogurt containers and much more! Search for the small triangle of arrows on the packaging - sometimes on the label and sometimes stamped into the bottom of the container.
- Aluminum and Tin/steel cans – please rinse
- Cardboard and Cereal Boxes
- Magazines and Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Office Paper
- Paper bags
- Junk mail
Common materials not accepted:
Plastic bags, tires, Styrofoam, motor oil bottles, waxed cartons, wet paper, yard waste, food waste
Lincoln Heritage Resource Conservation and Development Recycling at Casey Municipal Airport
-- PLEASE NOTE: ELECTRONIC RECYCLING SERVICES AT CASEY MUNICIPAL AIRPORT ARE ON HOLD FOR THE TIME BEING. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER. --
The airport is open for electronic recyclables seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The drop off is located at 101B Airport Road. The following items are accepted. Please note that all items from residential consumers are now free. Charges apply to commercial operations only; items with a disposal fee are identified. For more information, please contact Lincoln Heritage RC & D at (217) 345-3901, ext. 119.
- Audio Devices
- Batteries: cell phone, flashlight, phone, UPS, car
- Cables and wire
- Cell Phones
- Computers: towers, desktops, servers, Apple All in Ones, notebooks, laptops
- Computer Components: hard drives, CPU chips, memory floppies, CD and DVD drives
- Copiers, desktop - Disposal Fee $5; Copiers, floor-standing - Disposal Fee $10
- Cords, power strips and cables
- Disk drives
- DVD players
- External Computer Components: hard drives, floppy drives, tape drives, CD and DVD drives
- Fax Machines, desktop - Disposal Fee $5; Fax Machines, floor-standing - Disposal Fee $10
- Hard Drives
- IMAC, all colors
- Microwaves - Disposal Fee $5
- Monitors - Disposal Fee $10 - Not accepted if tube broken
- Networking Gear: modems, hubs, switches and routers
- Phones, consoles, answering machines, switches
- Point of sale equipment
- Postage Machines
- Power Supplies
- Printers, desktop - Disposal Fee $5; Printers, floor-standing - Disposal Fee $20
- Scanners and related devices
- TVs - Disposal Fee $25 for 36" or smaller, $40 for larger than 36" - Not accepted if tube broken
- Typewriters - Disposal Fee $5
- VCRs and related devices
Lincoln Heritage RC & D will dispose of electrical or battery-operated devices, and will NOT dispose of white goods: refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, hot water heaters, etc.
Casey in Action Recycles!
Stoutin Premium Ice and the I-70 Beverage Mart sponsor an aluminum can collection bin located just north of the 40-49 intersection in the parking lot of Stoutin Premium Ice. All proceeds from can collections go to benefit and support Casey in Action to make our community a better place!
Kusterman Scrap Iron
Recycle your old appliances and scrap metals at Kusterman's, located at 1648 E. 950th Rd in Casey.
Call (217) 932-4215 for more information.